Sacramento Kings shooting guard Vince Carter clarified on Wednesday that he expects to return for the 2018-2019 NBA season, but will have that mark the end of his career.
“I plan on coming back one more season. I’m almost 90 percent sure that’s it after next season,” Carter said.
Per Marc J. Spears, Carter has made similar comments last December.
“But I still say one more year. That is just how I’ve been feeling,” he said. “It is what it is. One more. I’d like to play one more year. Then, I’d probably just walk away.”
This season, the 41-year-old University of North Carolina alumni averaged 5.3 points and 2.5 rebounds while playing just 17.6 minutes per contest across 57 appearances, per Bleacher Report.
With all the talk about Carter returning for just one more year, he said he’s not sure whether he’ll be back in Sacramento.
He has previously expressed an interest in a reunion with the Toronto Raptors per Toronto Sun reporter Ryan Wolstat.
Vince Carter said: “it’ll happen one day. It’s supposed to happen.” On returning to Raptors
— Ryan Wolstat (@WolstatSun) December 17, 2017