A Look At The NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend
One of the things to watch for in this weekend’s NFL playoff matchups will be the weather.
On Saturday, Lambeau Field the weather will be in the 30’s with a chance for snow while snow is expected in the evening for the Bills home game against Baltimore. Sunday will be better at Arrowhead where game time temps should be in the 40’s and it’s always perfect in the dome for New Orleans.
Loa Angeles Rams vs Green Bay Packers
- The health of Jared Goff and Aaron Donald will be critical for the Rams in trying for their second straight upset.
- The Packers have the highest scoring offense in the NFL and have been under 22 points just one game this season.
- Believe it or not this was arguably Aaron Rodgers best season. He threw for 48 touchdowns, and completed 70% of his passes with just 5 INT’s.
- This is the first time the Rams have played a playoff game at Lambeau Field
- Best offense vs. best defense is a great matchup and the individual matchup of Jalen Ramsey vs. Davante Adams will be fun.
Give me the Packers 30-19.
Baltimore Ravens vs Buffalo Bills
- Both Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson earned their first playoff wins last week, but win #2 gets their team to the AFC title game
- Baltimore has had to grind this season. In the first 5 games they had a record of 1-4, then made it to 6-5, and now they are 11-5 with last week’s playoff win too. They have been in the sense of urgency mode for weeks now.
- Buffalo cruised to their record and hasn’t lost since November 15th on the Hail Murray in Arizona.
- Baltimore shut down Derrick Henry last week now they get their crack at the leading receiver in Stefon Diggs.
- Buffalo will miss Zack Moss but in the end I will circle the wagons with the Bills 23-20 in OT.
Cleveland Browns vs Kansas City Chiefs
- First matchup between these two teams in the postseason
- The Browns enjoyed the playoff win a week ago and they should of. Beating Pittsburgh for a playoff win is a big deal in Cleveland but going to Kansas City and beating Patrick Mahomes would be a whole other deal.
- Is this the Kareem Hunt revenge game? Hunt was once a key piece to the offense in Kansas City but now a key cog for the ground attack of the Browns.
- Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs are rested and you get Andy Reid off of a bye. These are things that should bode very well for the defending Super Bowl Champs.
- I see this as a game that the Browns will have to match the scoring and may for a while but when they turn it over or have to punt, the Chiefs will keep going. Chiefs 38 Browns 24.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs New Orleans Saints
- Buccaneers and Saints again, Brady and Brees again, for the final game of the weekend.
- 85 is the total combined age of the two starting quarterbacks for this game.
- The offenses and defenses aren’t separated by much as far as stats go.
- The game could hinge on these two items: Can the Saints cover all the skill players of the Bucs while getting pressure on Brady? Can the Buccaneers control Kamara, Murray and Taysom Hill on the ground attack that leads to their balanced attack?
- Historically it is not a good idea to go against Brady, it is also difficult to beat a team three times in one season, with that said, Saints 40 Buccaneers 34 in OT.