Will Luka and Sunday Be the Low Point?
The Kings ride (slide?) a 9-game losing streak into Sunday’s matchup with the Mavericks and Luka Doncic, fresh off a loss to the upstart Phoenix Suns, yet another team that zoomed by Sacramento on the rebuild charts.
I’ve been thinking a lot over the last few days about this, and how Shakespearean it all seems. Going from the Suns, who took Deandre Ayton ahead of the Kings’ pick of Marvin Bagley, to the Mavs……well we all know what happened there.
Maybe it won’t happen, but as I write this on a Saturday, it seems relatively certain that Sacramento will turn their losing streak to double digits, and it will come at the hands of the “One That Got Away”.
Earlier this year, I asked you what has been the lowest on-court point for the Kings while in Sacramento. Obviously, the Robert Horry shot took first place, but it’s important to remember that it happened in the Western Conference Finals, when the Kings were the darlings of the league.
So that being said, here’s my question:
Assuming they lose Sunday, is this the lowest point in Sacramento Kings history?
1. 14 years of missed playoffs
2. Comes at the hands of Luka Doncic
3. Two consecutive games against teams who have thrived since the Bagley draft
4. 10 game losing streak
5. Bad team, but not bad enough record-wise to get a high lottery position (unless they get lucky)
6. Another coach (likely) walking the plank at some point soon
7. A budding star that has very little help
8. Second 9-game plus losing streak
9. Two 7 of 8 winning streaks causing fans to yo-yo their hopes of a turnaround
10. An uncertain future with no clear path
I’m not saying it’s the worst. I’m ASKING if it is, and if not, what point in what season would you rank higher (lower)?
Please answer below, send to me on twitter @carmichaeldave, and show your work.
These are the times that try men’s (and women’s and kids’ and victory puppies) souls.