What A Day For Major League Baseball
Not long ago, I wrote about how baseball needed that All-Star Weekend they had in Colorado. The Home Run derby was awesome, the All-Star game itself was good and the world was really introduced to Shohei Ohtani. All these things were good for baseball.
Fast forward to this week and the Major League Baseball trade deadline and WOW, did MLB make news. This has to be one of the greatest trade deadlines in the history of sports.
Contenders are buying, pretenders are selling and high profile players are changing teams.
Here is just a sample of some of the biggest moves over the last couple of days:
- Max Scherzer & Trea Turner to the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Kris Bryant to the San Francisco Giants
- Javy Baez to the New York Mets
- Joey Gallo & Anthony Rizzo to the New York Yankees
- Craig Kimbrel to the Chicago White Sox
- Jose Berrios to the Toronto Blue Jays
- Adam Frazier to the San Diego Padres
- Starling Marte to the Oakland A’s
- Nelson Cruz to the Tampa Bay Rays
As the deadline approached the San Francisco Giants connected at the buzzer with the addition of Kris Bryant from the Cubs. The Giants were rumored to be in the mix on a lot of moves but they struck as time expired and added experience, versatility, and talent. Bryant will have the ability to play 1B, 3B, LF, CF and RF for the Giants who are having a season that nobody expected. This was a big and bold move and should help keep this dream season going for San Francisco.
MLB needs days like these and right now they have the sports world talking. Good work.