Kings vs Blazers Injury Report – January 9, 2022
Both Sacramento & Portland could be without some key contributors on Sunday evening
Sacramento Kings guard De’Aaron Fox is questionable for Sunday night’s contest against the Portland Trail Blazers due to shoulder soreness, while forward Chimezie Metu is nearing a return to game action after testing out of COVID-19 Health & Safety protocols.
Metu is questionable to play on Sunday due to Return to Competition Reconditioning.
Forward Moe Harkless is also listed as questionable on Sacramento’s injury report due to ankle soreness and will likely be a game-time decision.
Center Damian Jones entered COVID-19 Health & Safety protocols on Sunday, joining fellow center Richaun Holmes in the NBA’s protocols. Jones and Holmes will be able to return to action after registering successive negative COVID-19 tests 24 hours apart.
Portland will be without a lot of firepower when they face Sacramento as star guard Damian Lillard (abdominal tendinopathy), CJ McCollum (right lung; pneumothorax), Larry Nance Jr. (right knee inflammation) and Norman Powell (Health & Safety protocols) will all be inactive.
That injury status of Fox, Harkless and Metu will become more clear at 4:30pm PST when Kings head coach Alvin Gentry addresses the media.
Pregame coverage of Kings vs Blazers begins at 4:30pm PST right here on Sports 1140 KHTK.
- De’Aaron Fox – QUESTIONABLE (right shoulder soreness)
- Maurice Harkless – QUESTIONABLE (right ankle soreness)
- Chimezie Metu – QUESTIONABLE (Return to Competition Reconditioning)
- Louis King – OUT (G-League)
- Damian Jones – OUT (Health & Safety Protocols)
- Richaun Holmes – OUT (Health & Safety Protocols)
Portland Trail Blazers
- Larry Nance Jr. – OUT (Right Knee; inflammation)
- Norman Powell – OUT (Health & Safety Protocols)
- Damian Lillard – OUT (Abdomen; abdominal tendinopathy)
- CJ McCollum – OUT (Right Lung; pneumothorax)