The College Basketball Tournament is officially underway, and that has us thinking about the history of the tournament, and where it left fans shocked.
Bleacher Report has ranked the ten biggest upsets to ever happen to the tournament.
The NCAA tournament started in 1939, but didn’t have a top-ten upset until 1966. The list does have a game in recent memory: Norfolk State winning over Missouri in 2012.
The #1 upset took place in 1983 when North Carolina State defeated Houston.
Check out the full ton-ten list below.
10. Kansas over Oklahoma (1988)
9. Texas Western over Kentucky (1966)
8. Norfolk State over Missouri (2012)
7. George Mason over UConn (2006)
6. Richmond over Syracuse (1991)
5. Virginia Commonwealth over Kansas (2011)
4. Santa Clara over Arizona (1993)
3. Duke over UNLV (1991)
2. Villanova over Georgetown (1985)
1. North Carolina State over Houston (1983)